Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday: Moved by an angel

A few yards inside the gate to Mount Jerome Cemetery, the main roadway takes you past many large and beautiful old monuments. The road is such that you stand slightly below ground level and are separated from the monuments by a hedge of grasses, bushes, and flowers. As I was walking along the road I saw this angel out of the corner of my eye on the right hand side. I walked back and climbed over and around several monuments to get to her. Her right arm is broken off, as is the top of her left wing. There is something so wistful and haunting about her countenance that I found it difficult to walk away from her. It is as though she is a young woman frozen in time.




All Photographs ©Copyright J. Geraghty-Gorman 2010
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...